Build Engineer/Field Service Engineer
Salary – Negotiable
Location – Ferndown
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a field service engineer in an energetic up and coming IT company.
This is a brand new and exciting position where the right candidate will be owning the hardware maintenance, repair and new build service within the business.
In this role you will be working both on-site at customer locations local to the Bournemouth, and Poole area and within the office at Ferndown. You will get to put your technical, mechanical and electrical skills to use every day in new and challenging situations while you interact with a wide variety of people, machines and settings.
- Assess hardware and software malfunctions by means of diagnostic tools and customer input
- Pre-build of IT Hardware and thorough testing before organising site installation
- Disassemble and reassemble machines to repair or replace worn or malfunctioning components and consumables
- Drive to customer locations using personal vehicle, managing your own daily route to arrive in a timely manner based on customer location and issue, and maintaining accurate time and mileage records
- On-site data migrations from old to new devices and installation and configuration of new software
- Educate and train customers where applicable and provide basic troubleshooting skills on easy fixes to client base
- Provide excellent customer service, listening carefully to customer concerns and addressing issues until customer is satisfied
- Update and maintain assigned machines per manufacturer specifications
- Maintain parts inventory, personal library of machine manuals, company-assigned laptop and tools
- Attend ongoing training events sponsored by company or machine manufacturers to stay up-to-date on the latest technology and repair options
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of tools and technology needed to complete repairs and builds
- Two years’ experience in hardware support or repair work
- Two or more years in a customer-facing role